Friday 30 January 2015

The Mentalist - Copper Bullet

Hello again! The theme of this episode is TEAM - Team work, Team bonding, Team love. From the classic old CBI trio teamed up together to the great FBI family fun out there. Holy Cannoli, my Team Feels bursting like a wild grenade. My heart.

The episode was also a perfect set up plot line for the Finale - Jane's ring was brought up, Jane's fear readdressed for Jane and Lisbon's future direction, Cho and the FBI future. Everything's perfect except one thing that kind of disturbed me a little. Just a small bit of line which I thought was silly and unrealistic but of course the overall awesomeness of the episode outweigh this issue. I'll touch on to this in the last paragraph.

Jane was immediately on board to saving his boss' career and life. I feel that beneath the strange chemistry this two have with one another, Jane may consciously / subconsciously felt slightly indebted to the guy. Afterall, it was Abbott who rescued him from some lonely beach heaven, gave him a new home, reunited him with his girl and then lastly, it was his car who helped him chase the girl out of da plane before he almost lost everything. Abbott also gave Jane the nudge into stop lying to himself and not be caught in his own lie. So I'd say Abbott had indirectly contributed into saving Jane's life, hence in return the full strength of initiative there into saving the BFF boss' life - captain Jane. 

"We are forever in your debt" - No Dennis, you guys are equal now (in a way). Jabbott For Live. 

Plus, the amount of trust Abbott put on Jane was a.m.a.z.i.n.g! He does have 100% faith on the guy.

It was so nice to see Jane reunited with his almost immediate "family member". I figured Pete and Sam were his closest one after his family. Hang on, Alex Jane, why did you disappear into thin air for no reason?! Anyway, Jane was so happy to meet them. Its heart warming. He even confided in them about his relationship. He knew they liked Pepper. He needed the reassurance, the support, the approval that he's doing the right thing. And they did. Just like Stan and Jimmy approved of Lisbon's. And hey, the ring issue was brought up for later plot. YESS!!!

I was giggling like an idiot when Lisbon outed Jane about the code. Jane's girl is so smart now, so vigilant. Love me more Mentalisbon! 

And excuse me, the trio CBI team working together gave loads of feels! 

Nina K Corrado room. Roll on the floor laughing. Ha Ha.

And the whole set up to trick the DEA sociopath agent Peterson was entertaining to watch. Especially the flashback scene on Sam and Pete, nice touch there. Team work. Go Team!



So much happiness, lightness, family feels, and perhaps...the sunshine before the rain, the rainbows before the storm. *cough* *next week's promo* *cough*. I feel sorry towards the cast and crew.  They worked so hard into writing good story telling, thriving to entertain viewers with twist and turn, and just like that CBS' failed promo threw all their hardwork down the drain. It's such a disrespectful act. But well this is all business to them, it's a shame that money always comes first.
And look at this 3, oh my god, give me a break. Cho smiled big time! Lisbon stroke his back. My old CBI TRIO. My feelings are all over the place!!! Apart from that, this tells a lot about Cho's character. He had a hard time concealing his smile after his promotion news. To me, he doesn't need a girlfriend / love to be happy. He's a man of dignity, of justice. Being the boss of the FBI unit is a dream come true! Its who he is. He's the man and he has earned it! Oh Cho baby, I bet he said he went to get more taco as an excuse. Truth is, he wanted to smile endlessly without anyone watching. 


I'm sorry but to me, Lisbon not understanding Jane's mentality was unrealistic here as she portrayed in this line: "I love you, and I also love what I do. You can't be jealous of that". After two decade of witnessing the guy's mental illness, obsession and vulnerability when comes to the death of his loved ones, she couldn't understand his fundamental fears of losing her? C'mon Lisbon, you literally put the broken man together, been through thick and thin together. You of all people should understand his phobia more than anyone. To me this is a flaw in writing, that line portrayed that she thought that Jane wants her to leave law enforcement because he thinks she loves the job more than she loves him, thus she had to justify that he's not. Sorry, I don't buy that. They could still deliver the whole point of "I don't wanna lose you" without the "You can't be jealous of that" line. That would be so much better, perfect! Ok, rant enough. I still FREAKING love the episode.

"We need to focus on whats going on right now. Right here is good, it is very very good."
"Yeah, okay." 
"You sure?" 
"Yeah..yeah" 
Give it all to @smellytoes' heart wrenching performance here, bravo Simon! My reading to Jane's face here is he's obviously not okay but yet he's trying hard to conceal his disagreement with a smile to please her. Why? Because Lisbon IS the alpha in the relationship. As much as Jane is the alpha at work, Lisbon is the alpha in their romance. Not to mention Lisbon was also the one who wanted to have their relationship private, with the same line "You sure?" "Yeah yeah". 
Also "okay, one dance?" "two".
Alpha Lisbon. Yay! I finally able to answer Bruno's question.













"Do you want to dance?"
"Here? Infront of everyone?"
"Sure."
Look at my OTP dancing! Who wanna bet alpha Lisbon will be the one who eventually tell her boyfriend "you know, maybe its time we tell everyone about us"

My feelings on next week's episode: My Body Is Not Ready. 
There will be a big plot line to determine Jane and Lisbon's future, but still. My Body Is Not Ready. 
Time's moving too fast. We're left with 4 episodes. It's superman fast. Not ready to say goodbye. I wish I could stall the time.

No comments: