Wednesday 25 February 2015

The Mentalist Q & A Answers - Part 1

For Series Finale review, click here: http://pinkishk1ss.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/the-mentalist-finale-brown-shag-carpet.html

______________________________________________________________________________

I got to admit I'm doing this for my own amusement, but I do hope y'all would enjoy it too. Thanks for sending me questions. Anons, if you don't mind could you put down your name on your questions so that I can send you gifts? *puppy eyes*.

The answers below start from the more serious ones down to the non-serious ones. I am also surprised the questions I've received were 99.9% of Lisbon / Robin Tunney. What happened to our lead character, yo? :DD. As much as I'm a religious Tunney fan I would be very happy to answer Jane's question too. So shoot away, don't be shy. I'll post Part 2 in the next few days as soon as I received enough to compile. Meanwhile...enjoy!

Ok there you go.


J and V, I'm going to answer both your questions together because its related to one another. When I read Vanesso's question it felt like she's reading right into my mind. It's fascinating how Tunnies' minds work.

What spoke to me most about Lisbon in Red Badge was her whole breakdown play because that was the first time ever we got to have a look into Lisbon's inner mentality. We all knew she's a terrible liar terrible actress but she played it seamlessly in this instance. I am sure when you play something so well there's always a part truth in it. Like she said I have to confess, I enjoyed it, letting loose for once? To me that just prove the point. Beneath that tough angry woman she's this broken woman who had so much emotional struggle but she locked it down. She locked it down because thats her job. It's her job to be calm and rational. Though I doubted the psychotic breakdown part was fully her. She's too much of a strong woman to be having a bad mental breakdown(she's not Jane), so I think she just tuned the volume up for the dramatic play. And yes she enjoyed it. With Jane around, she always have fun like she never did before despite in the most ridiculous way.

Another interesting point though she's willing to show Jane this other very private, vulnerable side of her. And only Jane was allowed to be involved into the full play. With Jane's ability to see through people it was equivalent to showing him her naked soul. I was surprised that she played it with so much at ease infront of him, just let out everything. Hence at that point it was a huge leap of trust between the two especially when earlier on she just cited I don't want you inside my head. Oh god Robin, playing a terrible actress who's playing a good actress is not easy at all. That was a twist within twist on the acting part and boy she  totally NAILED it. HANDS DOWN TO HER. Did I also mention I fell in love with Ashley Gable immediately after? Robin+Ashley for the win, yo! Please let them both work together again.











Underrated episode?? Firstly I'm not even sure if the episodes I'm going to say were considered underrated.

Erm, it was War of The Roses.

Wait wait, I'm kidding. That was the only episode that I have a problem with. Never even rewatched it :P Ha. Ha.

I wanted to say The Red Mile & Blood for Blood.

The case on The Red Mile was just ok but the ending scene: it was ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I've ever seen in my life. It shows us the good, vulnerable side of Jane as a human being. Lisbon said "that good person is always inside him", she's proving a point here, in the most bizarre astonishing way. I mean, what's better than to accompany someone crossing over to the afterlife while helping the person eases the painful process of death at the same time? He's using his mentalist skill to a whole new level here. Something that I would never have imagined. BEST death scene on TV, ever.

The ending of Blood for Blood shows us how conflicted Lisbon was as a person. Struggling between justice and the goodness of heart. At the end of the day she chose to follow her heart because no matter how much of a good cop she is, she has the purest heart of all. She's an angel with an armor suit.

p.s: Vanesso, don't fret, the no-kinky policy will be lifted for your case.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



I'll choose something purely Lisbon and not Lisbon+Jane because that'd be too many.

1. Lisychic. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life on The Mentalist before!!! (Jane in Blood Money comes close after this). Her line reading from the beginning to the end was perfect through and through!!








2. All her scenes in Red Badge. Don't ask me to choose one, its impossible, really.

3.Violet: fabulous to meet you Aaron, any friend of Dennis come on inIsn't he fabulous, such a mean face









4. Red and Itchy: the ending scene. Her face in horror + the shot + the music gave me the chills, goosebumps. It was disturbingly fabulous.







5. Not from the episode but from the bloopers: Too bad if the bait gets killed? So what if the bait gets killed? What, what did I say? Priceless!!!!



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


I don't think there was a point where she actually realised she was in love with Jane. It all evolved naturally inside her. After Jane left for Vegas and especially when Lorelei came in the play she started to feel things. But I don't think she really admitted to herself what was she feeling back then. I mean in the first place she's not even the kind of person who's open for a romantic relationship and furthermore Jane was someone with a heavy baggage, so it was only natural and rational for her for not willing to be honest to herself. She knew she loved him but that doesn't mean she has to love him romantically. Because back then, it was the right thing to do. I would do the same if I were her. However when the new chapter has begun and when Marcus came into play that's when she really had to face reality, to live in a lie or be honest to herself. Her lines in Graybar Hotel explain it all.

It took her up to 7x07 to say it because she's a very private person who doesn't normally articulate her feelings out. 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  •  

Nice one Krystle. You know, actually I did not start off as a shipper (I wasn't even a fan of romance). I truly enjoyed their dynamic, the banter, the strange chemistry, the beautiful friendship. I feel that they're so unique in their own way and the dynamic that never happened on other shows. In season 1 & 2, I actually quite against the idea of putting them together too soon. To me they had so much more depth than romance and it was already a joy to watch without having the romance on top. Its hard to give an exact point when did I start falling in love for the two romantically. Just felt like my feelings naturally progressed together with them. However I'll always remember the feelings I get from the hand holding in The Crimson Hat (episode that i LOVE LOVE very much by the way), that soothed my heart tremendously. I guess that was what triggered me and to make me realised that I would love to see them involved romantically (and also 100% certain that it's the path the writers were taking).




xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is interesting. I've 'glanced' at the show occasionally on TV in season 1 but never really watched it. It was when I met Simon Baker on WB VIP Tour that made me decide to watch the show. That was back in season 2. I was fascinated by the set. I had a weird feeling because I had walked on the CBI set, touched Lisbon's office door and Jane's couch before I was even a die hard fan. By the time I really wanted to visit the set (FBI) when I'm a fan, I didn't get the chance.


I wasn't a fan of both before, thanks to the show for introducing me to these two miracle creatures.



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Angela, do you realise your name makes my heart skipped a beat. 

I'd love for them to go for a snow holiday. Party because I am a snow freak myself. I've been craving for a Jane and Lisbon snow episode since forever, go ask @imsonotMelville. Also a great change from the dessert landscape that they always had. 

A scenario would be I want Jane to tell Lisbon: you look really cute in that astronaut outfit(much better than the bee keeping outfit). Then he'd cuddle her and lift her in the air.

I wish one of the fanfic writers would write about this someday.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   No preference as long as there's BANGS.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Niagara Niagara.

Because she was 100% possessed into the character. It's a tough, crazy acting into Tourette syndrome. And she just let out 100%, not afraid to look ugly, so courageous and brave.The movie itself was dark, tragic, romantic, touching, has great soundtrack, and her brilliant acting makes 100x rewatch worthwhile.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Her personality. A very humble, grounded, good person. Unlike other celebs, she doesn't give a f* about her image / anything. I love how normal of a person she is, just like all of us.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Series Finale.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Boy - based on foreshadowing in Little Yellow House.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hush, no question is a stupid question! I love him in Margin Call, probably also because I was in the Financial line thus why I love the movie, just one of my passion.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  •  

The first episode that I watched instead of "glanced" was the Pilot.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Robin Tunney, The Mentalist has been with me for a very long time and it has obvious significance with my life. It also represents..meeting you, without the show I would've never met you. So in a sense it has a potential to represent my future. I want the show to represent our future together. I want you to be my wife, will you marry me?

Well strike that I might skip the speech part and just go

Robin Tunney, will you marry me?

Or I might bring her to a log and tell her the number of times I repeated Niagara Niagara, The Mentalist and Open Window thus why there's something I need to tell you....put my hand on my tummy... Will you marry me? - this is a true story, I'm seriously conceiving her child.

Well you know what, on a serious note I think I'm just going to remain calm and composed like a normal person (what happens on the internet, stays on the internet) and just genuinely tell her how much I appreciated her work and from a woman's point of view...she truly inspires me as a human being and as an actor.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I was hooked onto The Mentalist from the very start, which is the Pilot. Simon's charm worked its magic from the start. I knew I would liked the show, I just didn't know I would be obsessed by it.

How I became a fan of Robin was a little complicated. I've had an instinct that I might developed a crush with this woman in mid Season 1 but I refused to admit it, because the truth is, I don't want to. That was the Lisbon in me that made me not wanting to be honest to myself and I lived through it until Red Badge. Yes until Red Badge, BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHY, I TOLD MYSELF IM NOT GOING TO HAVE A CRUSH WITH A CELEB, ITS TOTALLY DELUSIONAL. But too bad it was impossible to suppress my feelings anymore after Red Badge and decided to just love the woman. Then I watched her Indie films like Niagara Niagara and Open Window. I told myself, I'm going to support her work until the end. Period. Now look at me, never been more gay than ever.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Season 2, Bangs goodness through and through. Bangs + big Green eyes OTP 7ever. 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a fangirl world I choose to believe I'm 12, in the real world I'm actually 32.

Best thing: the fandom is tiny but powerful. United like a family. Crazy but fabulous. Loud but smart. Analytical, savvy & intelligent.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There isn't any answer to this question (see Jordan Harper's tweet) but if you want me to speculate, I choose to believe that she discovered it at the very last minute. First of all Lisbon is such a bad liar bad actress, it would be hard for her to keep such a big secret to herself without showing it on her face AT ALL, furthermore not giving Jane a tinge of suspicion that she had been keeping a secret, whatever that was. This is my most logical answer.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 B-bbbbb-barrows, closely followed by Sylvan theme.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


enaJ nobsiL asereT

 Errr no, not really.



Murderer you mean? But Wainwright ain't a murderer. Red John hands down.



MINELLI. He's the father figure for Lisbon. I wonder if he's now somewhere setting a new standard of horse's assery.



What do you mean he'd left some food. He'd gobble everything up before he left.



I've no idea. Since season 1, I guess. She secretly calls the two mom and dad.



CBI feels like home, a dark place and beyond but home. FBI feels like a reincarnation. How about both? 



What??? Jane with brown hair is a disturbing thought. Though I don't mind a blonde Lisbon.


We're the same height


Just the blissful feelings when we found out we were renewed and when watching the Series Finale.

Leonore Lemmon, HANDS DOWN. Leonore's actually belong in my top 5 fav characters of her. She is a definition of a classy bitch. She ain't a bimbo bitch, she got brain, she's funny, witty, sassy. A very fascinating psycho with attitude. I'd say she's a role model for all bitches in the world. If I were to be born to be a bitch, I want to be this kind of bitch. That was a world class bitchy act by Robin Tunney and I love her very much in that. 

Superman must be very proud of her.











What you are going to see below are totally nonsensical, non serious questions. Total ratchet. So I would advise if you think you're a normal person you should skip this part :).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Ksussa dear, you got me! I'm biting my nails on my own example question.

I dont have any fav Lisboobs scene unfortunately, BECAUSE I ADORE THEM ALL.

I can list down some of the most memorable ones though(Gadd this is challenging):

-The one in Red Hot during the one night stand of course: min 39:14

-The one in Not One Red Cent when she walks with Mancini infront of the court house. Bouncy Lisboobs. Min 8:58

-The one in Red Badge before she got hypnotised. Min 25:20.

-The one in Price Above Rubies: all scenes from that black dress.

-The one in His Red Right Hand: not really Lisboobs but hey beautiful view of Lisportsboobs.

-The one in Violets: ALL Lisboobs scenes on that sexy dresses.

-The one in Devils Cherry: min 26:35

-The one in Blue Bird: the pink dress! and a tiny weeny Liscleavage when she packed her bag for DC.

-The one in Nothing But Blue Skies when she said "I've been looking all over for you": min 26:30

-The one in Graybar Hotel when she escaped: min 27:08, min 27:11

-The one in The Silver Briefcase in the crime scene house: min 12:01

-The one in Little Yellow House: the black outfit (more of Lislegs I know but I believe Lisboobs deserve an honourable mention)

-The one in The Whites of His Eyes: min 30:27, and the sleeping gown.

-The one in the FINALE when she walks back to her desk after conferencing with the brothers: min 50:20

Sheep dip, am I a psycho now? #imsureimissedalotmoretho


















xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Jenna, I'm screaming over this because this is the very first question I received! 

But I'll take it as a good chance to clarify myself.

I AM 100% STRAIGHT IN REAL LIFE. I'm only gay for one and only Robin Tunney, but yet sometimes my sexuality could be confused too when Simon Baker moved my ovaries.
















xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Can't do it.
1. Lisnude
2. LisNude
3. LISNUDE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's very hard! And if I were to list down all of my favs it would take 3 pages long so I'm just going to put what first came into my mind. 

This: Carly's freckles.

I think her freckles brings out the beauty into this crazy dirty mouth chic character. Out of sudden, the word f*k blends in very well with freckles. #TunneyFreckle for the win.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Robin Tunney doesn't have a twin sister. However, she carries herself a magical twins. This twins is a sacred place where all the Tunnies in the world would dream to live eternally. It's a place of nobler existence, a place to reach Nirvana. Amen.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fifty Shades of The Mentalist

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Ha! That is great. I appreciate your answer to my question about when Lisbon realized she was in love. And - for the other questions you are so funny! Thanks for that I enjoyed reading it, think I will re-read it. I've also been having TM withdrawl. Sad to say but I'm still checking my website forums and twitter pages of people like you that I had fun following. Still obsessively watching youtube clips when I can sneak away and not have anyone see me watching them! I just don't want it to be over...thanks for extending it just that bit more!

ImsonotMelville said...

Great answers, Grace, with warmth and considerable humor ;)

Emily Clark said...

Haha! Love it. I think I missed the point that I was supposed to ask a question. Oh dear. This was fun to read. I totally agree with you on when Lisbon started to realize she was in love with Jane. I always thought he had feelings for her, perhaps that he wasn't ready to deal with, but nonetheless. But I don't think Lisbon started recognizing her feelings until season 4.

It makes me happy to see that there are people out there trying to keep the show alive. It's appreciated, because I want to do that too!

I can't wait to read part 2. Thanks for living The Mentalist!

LillyK said...

Ok, here goes!
Which episode directed by Simon Baker did/do you like the best?

Vanessa Michelin said...

Gracio, you crack me up. I was laughing the whole time. And I love your answers, also your fav underrated eps, great choices.

There ya go:

- Top 10 heartbreaking scenes. Don't cry, oops
- Cho and Summer, did you ship them? Do you think the writers should've brought her back and, perhaps, give them a second chance?
- The end of Violets. Jane said he had somewhere "fabulous" to go. If Marcus NO PRESSURE Pike wasn't there with Lisbon, do you think he would have asked her out or he just really wanted to be around her as always, like BFFs?